Cross Body Stretch
The muscle from your hips through to your rib cage does a great job of acting like a “seat belt.” It will spasm to prevent further injury.
To get some length back in there, the easiest way to do this is:
- While you’re lying down on your back
- Pull your leg over gently while holding your leg with your hand
- Opposite hand is straight out on the floor with palm up towards ceiling
- Keep breathing through this stretch because the movement of your diaphragm will increase the stretch
- If you can, look back towards the hand on the floor- great
- Ideally hold it for 60 secs and get that length back through the middle
- Make sure to do both sides
How did this stretch work for you?
We would love to hear your thoughts, comments and/or questions. Please feel free to leave your thoughts below and suggest any area that you feel you need to work on.