Lying Supine & Viparita Karani
The Lying Supine position is one of the most highly recommended and simplest positions that I could recommend you do.
The way to do the Lying Supine position:
- Lye flat on your back.
- Head back and eyes up towards the roof.
- Arms out and palms up towards the ceiling.
- This allows all of the muscles through your neck to relax and any nerve tension down your arm to relax.
- There is no trick to this, literally just lying in this position for 10 minutes.
Alternatives to this position?
- You can put a small towel under your neck, but only if your head is still making full contact to the ground.
Want to improve circulation through your lower legs at the same time? Try the Viparita Karani!
- Put your legs on the wall and up towards the ceiling while in the above position.
- The main focus here is to still make sure that your original position is correct, while your lower legs are improving their circulation.
We would love to hear how you found this exercise! Please comment below with any questions or thoughts you may have discovered while trying this simple position.
Did this help you? Why not give these a try… Leg Swings & Hip Lateral Rolls