Unlocking The Hips
Hip Lateral Rolls
The hips and lower back form the foundation block for the entire spine and nervous system. Their movement is vital even for joint position sense and balance. These simple and quick lateral hip rolls can help keep the foundation strong, supple and stable providing a great foundation base.
Rolling the hips:
- Preferably using the floor, or if needed using the bed. Bend the knees and keep both feet flat on the floor & the knees close together.
- Rock your legs side to side staying within a “comfortable” range while keeping the knees together.
- Repeat 10-20 times each direction.
- Be fluid with the motion and let the hips roll easily.
- One side may be easier than the other, that is O.K. Work into it.
This is a mobility exercise, not a static stretch. The more you do it the more you’ll “grease the groove” and roll further into both directions.
Any questions or comments, please feel free to write below! Likewise, if you want more information click on the link to reserve your appointment today.