Looking to improve restriction in your hips and lower back? Static stretching doesn’t cut it, you need to move it. Try swinging your legs forward and back in a straight line. Slow and steady trying to get it as mobile as possible.
Best way to do this stretch:
- Brace your hand on a wall/desk
- Swing leg closest to wall/desk as far forward and as far backward as you can
- Keep your upper body stable (only swinging legs)
- Try to keep your toes pointed forward
- Speed is nice and slow
- Size of the movement is as far as you can take it
- 10 – 20 swings each leg
They also work brilliantly side on. Apply same guidelines as above to get the best stretch possible.
Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions. Likewise, feel free to let us know how this stretch helped you!