Do you need to increase your upper back and neck mobility? We do too!
A great exercise to practise is Backstroke. If you want to get into a pool GREAT, but you don’t have to.
This exercise is great for people that:
- stuck behind a desk
- if your shoulders are stuck forward
- if you’re feeling really tight and achy through your shoulders
If you tick any one of these boxes, you need to increase the backward movement. To do this, start making huge circle with your arms.
- with a straight arm, make a huge backstroke circle
- slow and steady
- it’s best if you can grab a pen and try to draw a huge circle along a wall
- fully allow the body to twist as you go- this will unlock everything up through your shoulder
- 10 – 15 times and make sure you do both arms
We would love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to comment below and tell us how this improved your mobility!
If you found this useful, give Neck Nods a try.